The Nia Robertson Foundation Scholarship
- Applicant must be a legal resident of Louisiana and a US citizen, include a copy of driver’s license or state issued ID.
- Applicant must be a Metropolitan High School student of (Includes Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Parishes)
- Applicant must be entering college in the year of graduation or in an academic institution of higher learning having completed at least one semester in a qualified university/college, community college, or other higher educational institution.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Application - must be typed or computer generated. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- A personal statement – 350 to 500 words detailing your response to the essay question.
YOU MUST USE THE PERSONAL STATEMENT FORM IN THE PACKET.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation –
(1) a recommendation letter from non-family member or relative (teacher, counselor, co-worker, friend); and
(2) a community service letter of recommendation from a community service representative or coordinator (both letters must accompany the application).
- An official school enrollment transcript.
- Information on where student obtained information regarding scholarship availability.
- LA State certified ID i.e. (Louisiana Drivers License or other State issued ID.) *The Scholarship Committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria: academic achievement, community service, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation.
Complete applications must be received by Iggie’s House/A Nia Robertson Foundation no later than March 31.
The scholarship committee reserves the right to reject any applications postmarked after the deadline.
1. Typed and signed application
2. Personal Statement (Must use the Personal Statement Form)
3. Letter of Recommendation from a community service representative
4. Letter of Recommendation from a non-family member or relative
5. Official high school or college transcript (minimum GPA of 2.8)
Documentation Must Be Submitted In One Packet to:
Iggie’s House, Inc
The Nia Robertson Foundation
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 56066
New Orleans, La. 70156
You also have to ability to submit a scholarship application online by clicking here.
An electronic version of the application can be downloaded by clicking here.
All materials submitted become the property of Iggie’s House, Inc., The Nia Robertson Foundation and will not be returned.